Breaking News
  • January 16Skate Station - Friday, 3/8 - 7:30!
  • December 6Kona Ice 2/16
The Student News Site of Frank H. Peterson Academies

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

Senior to Freshman Advice

Coming into high school from middle school is a major change. As when your in high school, you get a real sense of being on your own academically. There are seniors now graduating in a few months wanting to give advice to freshman starting their first year in high school and what affected them as well.

Student Cykira Stallings says, “stay focused and don’t follow the wrong crowds.” Student Bradley Burns says, “don’t focus too much on relationships and friendships form them but don’t make them your whole world.” Student Sarah McClelion states that, “I believe students should start gaining their community hours and work on their time management in the beginning. Talking with your teachers and studying is your best friend, especially with big tests coming up later in high school. Your junior year may seem chill and laid back, but that’s the year you really need to put your head into gear and start looking at colleges, applying for scholarships, and making sure your community service hours are done and updated, they are very important.”

As students have this extra information from there upperclassmen can shed some light on things they can do as a freshmen with new knowledge and make their senior year better.