Breaking News
  • January 16Skate Station - Friday, 3/8 - 7:30!
  • December 6Kona Ice 2/16
The Student News Site of Frank H. Peterson Academies

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

Letter to underclassmen

Dear Underclassmen, As I sit here, typing this letter, I can’t help but feel a sense of nostalgia. High school – those four years that shaped us, challenged us, and sometimes even broke us. You see, I’m Bradley Burns, a senior, and I’ve walked these halls for what feels like a lifetime. But now, as graduation looms, I find myself reflecting on the journey that brought me here.

To the Freshmen: Welcome to the wild ride that is high school! You’re about to embark on an adventure filled with late-night cram sessions, cafeteria mysteries and friendships that will last a lifetime. Cherish every moment – even the awkward ones. Trust me; they’ll make for great stories later.

To the Sophomores: Ah, the “wise” second-year students. You’ve survived freshman year, and now you’re navigating the murky waters of teenage hood. Remember, it’s okay not to have it all figured out. Life isn’t a multiple-choice test; it’s an essay question. So, write your story boldly, even if the ink smudges along the way.

To the Juniors: Junior year – the pressure cooker of high school. SATs, AP exams, college visits – it’s enough to make anyone break into a cold sweat. But don’t forget to breathe. Look up from your textbooks occasionally. The world outside those classroom walls is waiting for you. And trust me, it’s pretty darn exciting.

To my Fellow Seniors: We’ve made it, my friends. The finish line is in sight. But before we