Breaking News
  • January 16Skate Station - Friday, 3/8 - 7:30!
  • December 6Kona Ice 2/16
The Student News Site of Frank H. Peterson Academies

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy Review

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Jak and Daxter) was a game developed by Naughty Dog and Sony interactive entertainment on December 4th, 2001. Jak and Daxter is only available for the PlayStation 2, 3, and 4.

This game follows a young man, Jak, and his best friend, Daxter, as they sneak into a cursed island where, under cliché events, Daxter trips and falls and turns into an ottsel, these games mix between an otter and a weasel.

After Daxter turns into an ottsel, they confront Samos, The Green Sage. A sage is this games version of a god, the sages include the yellow sage, the red sage, the blue sage, and Gol, the white sage.

Samos sends Jak and Daxter on a quest to find Gol and turn Daxter back into a human. The game after this becomes a typical fantasy platforming game. Jak and Daxter move from region to region such as: The Forbidden Forest, Sandover Village, Misty Island, where Daxter became an ottsel, and Spider Cave to name a few.

Near the end of the game, it is revealed that Gol, the white sage who is voiced by Dee Snider of all people, has turned evil and is trying to infect the land with dark eco. Eco represents the different powers that Jak can pick up for short periods of time.

This game was very unexpected for its time and this game was actually a pretty good game. I love the use of fantasy in the game and the comedy of making the main protagonist, Jak, a mute. Again, this is a game that is highly recommended.