Breaking News
  • January 16Skate Station - Friday, 3/8 - 7:30!
  • December 6Kona Ice 2/16
The Student News Site of Frank H. Peterson Academies

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

Summer Adventures in Jacksonville, Florida: Fun Under the Sun!

As the sun blazes high in the sky, Jacksonville residents and visitors alike are gearing up for a summer filled with excitement and exploration. Whether you’re a local looking for new experiences or a tourist seeking the best of the First Coast, there’s something for everyone. Let’s dive into the vibrant world of summer activities

1. Splash and Explore Head to the Beach: No Florida summer is complete without a sandy beach day. Grab your sunscreen, beach toys, and shades, and let the waves wash your worries away. Cool Off at Water Parks and Splash Pads: Jacksonville boasts numerous water features—splash pads, pools, and water parks—perfect for beating the heat. Bring the whole family and make a splash.

2. Cultural Escapes The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens: Explore the historic gardens and immerse yourself in art at the Cummer Museum. Kids can enjoy the interactive Art Connections area while staying cool indoors. Museum of Science and History (MOSH): Dive into science, history, and air-conditioned bliss at MOSH. This summer, become a Dinosaur Explorer and uncovered ancient mysteries. Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville (MOCA): Discover thought-provoking exhibits and sip Setlan Coffee Co. while exploring the latest art trends.

Entertainment Galore Summer Movie Fun: Escape the heat and catch a movie with the family. Check local theaters for showtimes and enjoy a cinematic escape. Jacksonville Jazz Festival: Groove to free jazz tunes along the St. Johns River during this annual festival. Let the music move you! Free St. Augustine Concerts: Every Thursday, the Plaza de la Constitución comes alive with free concerts. Enjoy the historic ambiance and live music.

Outdoor Adventures Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens: Roam the 73-acre zoo, home to over 2,000 animals and 1,000 plants. The animal wellness team ensures top-notch care for our furry friends. Set Sail on the St. Johns River: Hop aboard a boat and explore the scenic beauty of our nation’s oldest city. Kingsley Plantation: Step back in time and explore the grounds, including the historic plantation house, kitchen, and interpretive garden. Admission is free.

Literary Escapades Traveling Tales Kits: Borrow a Traveling Tales Kit from the Duval County Library. These kits include books, puppets, songs, and more—all related to a theme. Perfect for young readers.

Remember, summer in Jacksonville is about making memories, trying new things, and embracing the warmth. Whether you’re an art enthusiast, a nature lover, or a music aficionado, this city has it all.