Homecoming Week & Red Ribbon Week

Kiersten Trice, Senior Editor

Frank H. Peterson’s Homecoming Week and Red Ribbon Week will be the last week of October. Each year, Homecoming Week is celebrated to brighten school spirit and show our school pride. Despite us not having sports, our faculty still wants us to enjoy our high school.

Frank H. Peterson will celebrate Homecoming Week with a new theme each day for students to participate in. The Homecoming dance will be on October 29th, from 7 to 10 P.M. All students of Frank H. Peterson are welcome to attend and dance with friends, no outside guests will be allowed.

Tickets for the dance can be purchased from Mrs. Yazdiya in F110 starting October 4th. Mrs. Abbott will be in the cafeteria selling tickets on October 26th, and 28th. The cost of tickets is $20.

The themes of each day for Homecoming Week October 25th-29th are:

Monday: Movie Madness Monday, “Watch movies to say sane; stay away from cocaine!” (dress as your favorite movie character)

Tuesday: Top Tier Tuesday, “Dress your best, crush drugs like a pest!” (College and Career expo)

Wednesday: Wonder Twin Day, “Stay with your pack and don’t do crack!” (Dress the same as your friends)

Thursday: Throwback Thursday, “Come ‘back to the future’ and stay drug free!” (Dress as your favorite decade)

Friday: Freaky Friday, “Don’t get high, get spooky!” (Wear your Halloween costume to school)

Homecoming Dance Theme: The 80s

Homecoming contest: Hall Decorating Monday through Thursday after school with class sponsor and class officer support.

Lunch activities:

Monday: Drug-free banner for everyone to sign

Tuesday: College & Career Expo

Wednesday: S.W.A.T, dangers of tobacco activity

Thursday: Lip Sync 80s music

Friday: 3-point basketball contest

Other contests during Red Ribbon Week, the theme “Drug Free Looks Like Me”

1. Essay/poem/rap contest
  2. Poster/art contest

These need to include the theme as a part of their entry. All week, entries will be due by the end of the day on November first.

‘Can-U-Care Food Drive’ for those less fortunate than ourselves all week. The classroom that collects the most items wins a party!