New Year New Teachers

Jayden Geathers, Author

Many people don’t see themselves returning to their alma mater let alone working there but there are a few people who do. Ms. Anastasia Daniels is a new teacher at Frank H. who teaches Commercial Art. She was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. Ms. Daniels attended the University of North Florida and graduated with a dual major in Sociology and Communications. An interesting thing about her is before teaching at Frank H. she actually attended the school as well. Her favorite subject in school was math and her favorite teachers were Mrs. Boos, Mrs. Ellis, and Ms. Illi. She didn’t plan on becoming a teacher but she was looking for a job and Ms. Bicksler reached out to her about taking over Mr. Fuller’s position.

She plans on staying at Frank H. in the future and her favorite thing about teaching is working with kids and seeing their skills develop over time.

Her teaching style is much more hands-on, and many students enjoy it such Sophomore Kory Knight who said, “She’s good at teaching us and I enjoy my time in her class”, Junior Joseph Guerra said, “Her class is pretty fun, entertaining, and informative” and Sophomore Alvis Rivera who said, “I feel like she’s a good teacher, she knows how to teach well, she knows how to interact with students and has a good symbiotic relationship with students”. For fun, she used to play basketball and watch Netflix and she enjoys listening to J. Cole.

She has one sibling who attends Frank H. and is in the tenth grade. Her role model is her father because he is a hustler and she gets that from him in fact, she considers that to be one of her greatest strengths, that she is a hard worker and is very passionate about what she does. Her weakness on the other hand is that she doesn’t enjoy working in teams because she likes to have control over the outcome of things and hates to settle because she is an overachiever.